12 sept. 2012

unique obsession


i only stick with you 
because there are no others

i press my nails, covered in glue, to the thin, watery lines which embrace your body as the sun is drowning in the eye of a lake.
the glue never dries and you're never going anywhere. but you surely move a lot, making it impossible for me to test the likelihood of my craving.

as i hope for the liquid to petrify and take me forever to the land where we shouldn't be apart, the night cedes once more, and the alarm clock is ringing shameless. the first cigarette of the day is staring with contempt straight into my eyes. my fingers hurt and near some petty stains, my bedsheet seems to have been shred by ten little angry rats.

and it's gone. the night, your imperfections, the lust with anger clothing, my anguish and my struggle crushed underneath your smile... it's just me and the restless caffeine trying to send into exile the lingering alcohol in my blood.

i'm good. and i'm probably wrong.

but i'm getting better as the clock ticks away those 20 minutes in the morning that help me understand that i'm still human.

actually, i'm quite well. i've got things to do. i do remember that a shower seemed appealing at a certain moment and my blue dress should hide all the mistakes my body made while growing up.

i step into the bathtub. as the water pours on me, i glance at the perfumed liquid that creeps between my fingers, alike your extension that slinked away from my skin and ended up drying on my bedsheets... alike a part of you - slipping vaguely from my reach.

but i'm fine in a way only you could understand. you're fine. one day we'll stop peeking at each other behind doors. we'll find out there is no use.

there is no "somebody", that's what your hands whispered to me before i fell asleep.

there is none. there's only one. there's no other one.

i gaze at my wrapped body in the hallway mirror and i visualize the rapture my blue dress hides underneath it's fabric.

"only you could see it too" - i say to myself as i insert the car key into the ignition, remembering more than it's proper about last night.

as the engine runs getting me closer to my dull responsabilities, lustful detailes stubbornly tangle my thoughts.

before i know it, the shades of grey converge into the deepest black.

i think... i would like to meet another one. i'd like to do that while trying to glue my hands to your slippery skin again... and again... and...



Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu